Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to School Sketch & Theme Challenge


This card is for two challenges. Cas-ual Fridays Challenge: Top of the Class and Retro Sketches.



My kids started school on Monday.  It was a super smooth transition for them... so far!
For this card I used the super cute DeNami Back to School Chickie.  I added a Thank You sentiment in red.   The DeNami celery cardstock matched my patterned die cut perfectly.  I added some fun school type lines on the bottom portion of the card base.  The sketch called for some pretty ribbon, so I added some pretty 5/8 grosgrain ribbon.  Perfect little thank you for one of my kids teachers.  My daughter has a male teacher this year, which is a 1st for us.  I will have to get creative for gifts this year. 

9 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Wendy! Super fun colors and I like the simple design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I love how you used this chickie! Fabulous job with the sektch! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week.

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-35_31.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the sketch and that bow is gorgeous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card! Love how you combined the challenges, and the colors you used! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card, Wendy!! Love seeing that little chick peeking out from behhind the book and pencil!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays ...love seeing your creativity:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable! Thanks so much for having a little fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sa-WEET! Super fun and bright colors and amazing layout! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love that beautiful bow, and the paper you used totally brings the card to life! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete