Saturday, March 5, 2011

Wee Memories Challenge: Woodland Friends


Wee Memories Challenge this week is "Woodland Friends" - animals you would see in the woods.  Our sponsor this week is Serendipity Stamps. I made a tall and skinny notebook for This & That, just for fun. I used the Papertrey Ink notebooks and downloaded a template for the cardstock cover.


Such a fun theme, and with my large collection of cute DeNami animals it was hard to narrow it down.  I chose to use the owl trio stamp  and the owls stamp set.  I love this Decorative Paper from Crate Paper, I've been hoarding... so proud I finally used some of it!  I decorated the front of the notebook and tied a ribbon around it to keep it closed tightly.  Small rhinestones, felt die cut, stamped circle, SU and PTI ribbon, just goodies from my stash that seemed to match the patterned paper. My 6 year old found the notebook on my desk and has claimed it as her own, so glad she liked it!
 

12 comments:

  1. Super duper cute Wendy! Love what you did with the Denami owls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your note book is precious! I know what you mean about hoarding pretty paper but you really used this on a special project...sounds like someone else appreciates it as well. Good taste runs in the family.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet notebook cover this is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Wendy! I've made notebooks like this too, and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, this is just too cute, and I love your color combination! You always make all your projects look so effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! Love those colourful owls :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is FANTASTIC Wendy!!! Love the little owls - they're prefect on these notebooks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TOTALLY ADORABLE!!! LOVE THIS, Wendy!!! Those colorful little owls look awesome with that patterned paper!!!!

    ReplyDelete