Wednesday, January 12, 2011

DeNami Elephant

The DeNami Design Team is Spotlighting this Cute Elephant on the DeNami Blog Today.  Head over and check out my fellow DT girls creations... such a fun variety!

I love how easy it is to stamp and cut out the elephant. NO coloring needed. I used the Mesh Cuttlebug Embossing Folder to give her some extra texture.  She is so in love she is tooting out hearts from her trunk.  How amazing is the new teeny heart background?  Turns ordinary white cardstock into pretty patterned paper.  I snuck a sweet little sentiment on the front and accented it with a little tiny red rhinestone.
This card could easily be changed into a birthday card, or even a baby shower card.... just change up the color.
Valentines Day is less than a month away!  Do you make Valentines Cards?  I try to send cards to my immediate family, but my goal is to send out more this year.   It's amazing how good it feel's to get a hand made card in the mail.  I was so happy to find a Thank-You card from Paulina in my mail yesterday.  It is sitting on my window sill in my kitchen... so I smile often.   I think sometimes I get so caught up in the making of cards, I slack on actually sending them out.  

Stamps: Teeny Heart Background, Elephant, Teeny Heart, Mini Heart. Love Stamp Set.
Cardstock: White, Red, Petal Pink
Ink: Versafine Black and Satin Red
Misc: Red Rhinestone, 5/8 Pink Grosgrain Ribbon, Scalloped Circle Punch, Circle Punch, Mesh Embossing Folder, Pink Marker.

9 comments:

  1. Wendy, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! These colors make me so happy, and the choice of stamps you used was so perfect!

    Awww....glad the card I sent makes you happy. I know YOURS always make my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet polka dot pink elephant! Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card. The elephant is so sweet. Love the color combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Pretty! I love the embossing on this card and how you used the heart background. The colors are also very pretty! I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word, is this ever SWEET! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so sweet Wendy! The hearts coming out of his trunk are fabulous!!! Love the texture you gave the little guy too - it's perfect!!! I'll have to investigate the mesh folder - it looks so fab!!! Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so so CUTE! LOVE the colors and the texture on your elephant! DeNami is going to be at the convention I'm going to in Mesquite this weekend! Can't WAIT to see all of the new stamps in person and hopefully meet Nami! I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK Wendy!! He is SO adorable! The embossing is such a fun idea! I totally love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so in LOVE!!! This is CAUTE!!!!! Can we say FABULOUS???

    ReplyDelete