Thursday, May 13, 2010

2S4Y #52 & Embellish Color Challenge



This card is for 2 challenges: 2 Sketches for you sketch by Kazan  and also the color challenge for Embellish.  I did use mounting tape to mount up the HI circle, it reminds me of a bottle top.  This is one of my all time favorite stamps from DeNami - the Filigree Centerpiece.  The patterned paper is actually the only part of this card I even like... oh well. I even had fun coloring in the image with my copics.
Normally I can create a card in one sitting, pretty quickly.  This card took me 3 days to finish, and it isn't even fabulous.  I searched for my new PTI scallop border die, and never found it. SO sad it is lost in my messy room somewhere.... so I had to use the SU border punch instead. Not the look I was going for.  We were busy with birthdays this week, along with tennis and football practices & games.  So happy to be leaving on vacation.  We are headed to Newport Beach.  This is where we will be staying, in case you want a visual! Pool time, playing at the beach, taking in a Anaheim Angels game, pure family fun!
Happy 8th Birthday Kasen --awesome guitar, no clue how to play.  22 kids came to his party at the indoor putting place, me and my sweetie, my husband and I with our daughter & neighbor girl.  I can't figure out how to type this inbetween the photos -but I think you will figure it out.  Have a great weekend!!!

 
 

15 comments:

  1. Ooooh, LOVE this card Wendy!! The layered bottom you've created is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I like the whole card. LOL

    Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! Love the combo of embossing and scallops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy I love the card. I must get that filigree stamp. I really like the way you used it for background paper. What an adorable family you have. Have a great vacation!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful! I love the embossed scallops at the bottom! Such a nice touch! Great job with Kazan's sketch!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Wendy! You did a great job at incorporating both challenges! And your pics are so cute! You have a beautiful family! Hope you all have fun on your vacation!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! LOVE the colors and the embossed paper of the scallops!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Wendy! I think your scallops turned out fantastic! Looks like you all had a fun time at the party! Enjoy Newport!! We're headed there in a couple weeks to stay with my in-laws.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! what a fun day! And I love your card- that dp is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card! Your borders are especially nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually... the card is mega AWESOME!!!

    To diverse....CANNOT wait to get back to Vegas this fall... have you ever visited Stampo's stamp shop (Viva Las vegas stamps)... and LOVE the Blicks art shop!!!

    Your family is TOO CUTE Lol!! TFS.

    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is wonderful and such a neat use of those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. there are so many things I love about this card - including the scallops, the colors, the paper and that DeNami stamp!
    Thanks for joining us at 2S4Y this week
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wendy, I think your card turned out pretty well! I love it! I specially like the scallop borders!

    ReplyDelete